Kitchen Furniture The Basic
In the world of kitchen design, there is an ongoing trend towards the modern minimalist styles that have the greatest appeal to contemporary audiences. Such kitchens are a joy to work in since everything is to hand and the surroundings are uncluttered. Nor do they have to feel cold and unwelcoming, with these styles still managing to convey the warmth and pleasure of traditional kitchen styles. After all, nothing is better than morning coffee and toast in nice surroundings, and it sets you up for the day.
Of course, that said, there are still those who prefer a more natural country style of kitchen. These really maximize on the homely feel, going to an extent that the ridged modern style can only dream of. They conjure the time old feeling of sitting by the hot stove and enjoying the pleasures of having loved ones close.
Different Kitchen Furniture Concepts
Fully fitted furniture means that the space is maximized with all the units flush against the walls, but typically fully fitted kitchens require all the components to be created to order and then fitted in one session.
When individual furniture items are used, these are called freestanding and has a more traditional and homely connotation. Space use isn’t maximized like with a fitted kitchen, but the units can be moved around more easily.
Factory-built kitchen furniture is assembled and glued together using dowel cuttings and glue. These types of kitchen furnishings offer flexibility in what the buyer ultimately wants to achieve.
Flat packed kitchen furniture is designed with ease of mass distribution in mind and as a result, is relatively cheap.
Bespoke furniture you can pick and choose your own kitchen design, but at a higher cost than the other options.
Kitchen carts supplement the fitted furniture by offering more mobile solutions to your worktop needs, though they may also get in the way if positioning is not thought through. They have more recently found a place supplementing the fixed furnishings in many kitchen designs.
The kitchen island is a classic piece of kitchen furniture that sits apart from the cabinets that are flush against the wall and provides additional worktop space while at the same time becoming an interesting feature that adds to the overall layout.
Tips for buying kitchen furniture
- Decide on the style. Think about what would fit in with your house and the surrounding area. For example, if you live in an uber-modern apartment then a retro 50s kitchen isn’t going to work.
- Measure your kitchen so that you know exactly what dimensions it is from wall to wall as well as around the perimeter. Draw a sketch of the kitchen and see what you want to put where so that you can arrange everything from kitchen furniture tables to your cabinets. There is software freely available from Autodesk that can help you with this.
- Think about how all the various pieces of your furniture is going to fit together in the completed kitchen. Take note of how it comes together and what sort of space will be left afterward. Make sure you have enough room to work.
- Consider the shape of your furniture components and try and predict problems that may arise beforehand. Any problems you correct in the planning stage will save you money.
Other Useful Tips
- If you buy home and kitchen magazines the pictures will open your eyes to lots of great design ideas so that you can realize the full potential of your space.
- You can go online to find the best bargains and discover furniture stores in your area you didn’t even know you had.
- Compare furniture prices online so that you know exactly how much furniture should come to so that you can tell if you are being overcharged when you finally buy your kitchen furniture.
- Make sure you check out all the information about the furniture and the in-store policies prior to handing over your money. Find out about their return policy, delivery terms, the costs, price for fitting, and availability.
- Be sure to keep your receipt and warranty card so that you can prove you purchased the kitchen furniture in that store. So that if any problems arise you aren’t left in the lurch.
Kitchen Furniture Designs
Naturally, you want your kitchen to be a pleasant, harmonic and style place. This is the correct way to see your kitchen because you’ll spend much of your day there. Make the time you spend cooking a nice moment and that gives you pleasure. Love your kitchen and your home!
Do not hesitate to choose the materials you like and combine the various types in order to get a unique and tasty kitchen. It is best to seek a home that makes furniture for your kitchen that follows your instructions.
Types of materials to choose for your kitchen:
Wood Kitchen Furniture
Kitchen furniture in pine, cherry, beech or teak. This is the choice that captivates many people. Its maintenance is complicated, as these cabinets have a tendency to accumulate fat. However, today there are already products available in supermarkets that are very effective for cleaning this type of cabinets.
Lacquered Kitchen Furniture
This type of material is always a good option since it gives a greater scope to the kitchens and is easy to clean. You can combine it with wood and steel. Kitchens found in this material can be very affordable in large supermarkets.
Stainless Steel Kitchen Furniture
The ideal is to mix some kitchen furniture, white or wood, with stainless steel drawers and doors. Also aesthetically pleasing, enhances a more clear and ample environment. The stainless steel cleans up easily with a damp cloth.
Steel Kitchen Furniture
Today there are new lines and very modern materials that challenge the imagination and maximize space. These products consist of lines of steel cabinets for kitchens, composed of several modules that you can combine as you want.
The range of kitchens available on the market today is very varied. The furnishings for the kitchen come with various types of materials with different mechanical characteristics and finishes. Of the finest raw materials to the more economical, they all must strive for quality and endurance, giving kitchens, modern lines, and innovative design. Feel good in your kitchen and living with joy and pleasure, every moment that you pass there.
How to Choose Kitchen Furniture
There are some factors to consider when outfitting your kitchen as the social nerve center of your home. Factors such as comfort, color, and size all must taken into account. Does the style of your kitchen furniture choices complement the style in the rest of the house? If your kitchen has a breakfast bar you may want to consider choosing kitchen stools over chairs. Is there a kitchen table instead? Then you probably will need some chairs to go with that table. Is your style of furniture consistent throughout the home? Maybe you will want to echo that style in the kitchen.
Options for Smaller Kitchen
Smaller kitchens sometimes have to put space considerations ahead of all else. Perhaps folding chairs might be a good option. If the idea of keeping folding chairs handy doesn’t appeal to you, then maybe stacking chairs might be a viable option. Sometimes kitchen stools are a good choice. Usually, a little higher than a chair, they offer improved mobility over chairs. It’s easier to get up from a stool, and easier to turn on a stool. No arms to get in your way.
Furniture Unique to the Kitchen
Kitchen furniture is not limited to just the usual suspects when it comes to furniture either. There are some types of furniture that are not found in other rooms in the house. Your kitchen may have a kitchen island. This is unique to the kitchen. The kitchen islands can sinks. Sometimes they have a cooktop. There may be a kitchen cart. Kitchen carts provide some extra storage and some valuable extra counter space. Some kitchen carts have cutting board tops.
Choose the Right Furniture for Success
Having the right kitchen furniture is important in creating the environment you want to have in your kitchen. Your success as a chef and your success in having a comfortable kitchen are both dependent on choosing the right kitchen furniture.
Our articles on this topic:
- Kitchen Furniture You Need
- Kitchen Table Sets
- Kitchen Furniture To Increase Storage And Space
- Round Kitchen Table Buying Guide
- Choosing Your New Kitchen Furniture
- Kitchen Furniture